Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dollie in the Making

I just love making these little dollies. I got this pattern from www.bitofwhimsy.com and adapted it to my liking. I make each dollie to match your child's eye color, hair color and style. Today was Dollie making day. I had two custom ladybug orders for Miss Layla and Miss Jilly ,so I worked on them together. First, I cut all the pattern pieces :





Love doing the hair, I use felt or yarn depending on the length and type. Miss Jilly got black yarn pigtails !


Then comes my not so favorite part, sewing and stuffing the little arms and legs : Body parts:




I LOVE stuffing the body... the dollie's come alive. 
PEEK A BOO!
 


Most dollies come with a matching dress . J is for Jilly !


after sewing on the legs , adding eyes, nose and mouth and a few extra's... Introducing... 
Miss Layla !

and her friend, Miss Jilly !


Details Details Details 


I let them play for a bit..they became best friends !!
To order you Dollie and Me... email me at vintage_stitches@yahoo.com
xo Tracey xo


1 comment:

  1. I Love these Dollies!! Every little girl should have one :)

    ReplyDelete